The story of motion picture is the story of innovation: cinema’s ability to continuously reinvent itself to keep generation after generation of audiences around the world dreaming.
Over the past few decades, these technological and creative innovations have been gathering steam, underpinned by an increasingly dynamic job market in the audiovisual sector, notably in the Paris region. The workforce involved in post-production is on the rise, complete with new emerging roles such as C3D artists, Dolby Atmos consultants, and stereoscopic compositors, to name but a few.
The Paris Image Digital Summit (PIDS)
In order to support and promote these innovations as far as possible, in 2015 Film Paris Region launched the Paris Images Digital Summit in partnership with the Centre des Arts d’Enghien-les-Bains, an event dedicated to digital creative production.
Every year, the summit showcases leading trends and innovations in digital visual effects, CGI, motion capture, 3D, and disruptive technologies in motion pictures, television, advertising, video games, and transmedia, over the course of a line-up of highlights:
- PIDS Conference : Professional conferences on digital creative production around the world.
- PIDS Job Fair : A dedicated recruitment space for animation and VFX companies.
- PIDS Premiere : Previews open to members of the general public and professionals.
- PIDS Business Lounge : An exclusive space for decision-makers in the digital creative production industry and content producers.
- GENIE Awards : An awards ceremony to celebrate digital creative production in France.
- Special Open Day: A day open to all visitors, jam-packed full of digital creativity talks, workshops, and events.
A number of award-winning directors and VFX supervisors have taken part in previous editions of PIDS:
Phil Tippett (Twilight saga), Denis Murren (Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park) Joe Letteri (The Lord of The Rings, Avatar), Chris Edwards (Mission Impossible, Game of Thrones), Terry Gilliam (Monty Python, 12 Monkeys), Pierre Morel (Taken), and Olivier Megaton (Taken 2 & 3).
Every year, PIDS welcomes in nearly 3,000 visitors.
Watch the Green Computing 2021 conference organized by PIDS and led by Film Paris Region: